Compare cheap energy prices & switch in minutes
Compare Energy Prices
Use our free energy comparison site to compare energy prices and find a cheaper gas and electricity deal in minutes. Switching energy suppliers has never been so simple – just follow these simple steps:
- Find the details of your current energy usage; your latest bill is the best place to obtain this information.
- Input your address and supply usage details into our energy price comparison tool.
- You will then see a range of available deals, along with the potential savings you can enjoy should you decide to make the switch.
- You can then confirm your switch online at the click of a button.
- You’ll receive further communication from both your old and your new energy supplier to confirm the switch.
You could save a substantial amount of money on your gas and electricity bills each month by comparing energy prices today. Given that switching is simple, easy, and hassle-free, it’s well worth taking the time to explore your options and see if there may be a better deal available to you.
Often, the simplest way to lower your energy bills is to switch supplier – which is why we have put together a simple, straightforward energy price comparison, so you can be sure you’re always getting the best possible deal.
Is switching energy suppliers difficult?
Not at all. In the vast majority of cases, you won’t need to do anything beyond confirming your details online; the process of switching energy suppliers has been greatly simplified over recent years. Your supply will be automatically transferred on the given date – you won’t even notice it’s happened. All that will change is your direct debit and the company you speak to if you experience an issue; everything else remains exactly as it has been before.
Can I switch energy supplier if I rent my home?
There should be no problems regarding this on the supplier’s side, though it is always worth checking your rental agreement to ensure you have permission to do this. If in any doubt, call your landlord just to be sure.
What if I change my mind?
When you choose to switch energy providers, you benefit from a 14-day “cooling off” period that allows you to cancel the switch if you decide to do so. If you choose to activate this, you will be able to continue with your existing tariff – or switch to a different one – without incurring any additional charges.
Will I be charged to switch supplier?
Potentially. If you are still in-contract with your existing supplier, then there is a chance they will be able to charge you an “exit fee” – the exact amount will depend on your contract terms and conditions. If you are concerned you may be asked to pay an exit fee, speak with your existing supplier and ask when this period expires, and then diarise a reminder to consider switching your energy supplier after this date.
It is also worth noting that some suppliers will offer to pay your exit fee from your existing contract. Suppliers offer this to attract new customers, and it could well be worth taking advantage of their generosity if the option is available.
What energy tariffs are available?
Energy tariffs are rarely one-size-fits-all, which is why our comparisons can be broken down into specific services to suit every household need.
- Gas and electric tariffs. These tariffs are known as dual fuel tariffs, which means that a household obtains both forms of energy via a single provider. As this is one of the most popular forms of energy contract, we have ensured our energy comparison service makes it easy to compare gas and electricity prices that are included on a dual fuel tariff.
- Gas only. You can compare gas prices separately from electricity prices if you prefer.
- Electricity only. If you would prefer to only compare electricity prices, then this option is also available to you.